Exton, PA, March 4, 2020 – Bender is proud to announce the latest technology that expands its existing line of Neutral Grounding Resistor Monitors – the NGRM500. The NGRM500 is a protective relay that offers industry-leading protection and provides increased safety on high-resistance-grounded transformers and generators. This new advancement in NGR technology follows the NGRM700 that was brought to market in 2017.
The NGRM500 detects neutral-grounding resistor (NGR) failure and ground faults by measuring the current through the NGR, the voltage between the system neutral and earth, NGR resistance, and its connection between the system neutral and earth. The NGR is monitored whether the power system is energized or offline and with or without the presence of a ground fault.
The device features an integrated web server, Modbus TCP/IP, and Modbus RTU, and an HMI (Human-Machine Interface) for local metering and easy programming.
Customer benefits of the NGRM500 include:
- Improved safety with monitoring of the grounding connection
- AC/DC ground-fault protection/detection to properly monitor non-linear loads, such as adjustable speed drives
- Preventative maintenance as a result of sensitive ground-current detection levels
- Simplified design - Controls pulsing contactor in pulsing HRG systems
- Compact DIN rail mount allows for easy installation in smaller control panels, removing the necessity of wiring to the panel door
Production units of the NGRM500 are now available. Please contact your local Bender representative or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Bender Inc., located in Exton, PA, is a subsidiary of Bender Group, a family-owned company and global leader in providing electrical products and solutions to a variety of industries and applications. Bender Group is based in Grünberg, Germany, with operations in 11 countries around the world and representatives in an additional 70 countries.